*First delivered as an email to the Orson’s Reading Group. SUBSCRIBE HERE
While it isn't often that we publicly reflect, it's true that we here at Orson's Publishing think often of where we've come from and how it is that we've arrived at this point.
Doing so allows us to say, as objectively as we possibly can, that 2018 was a crazy year for Orson's Publishing. Not crazy in terms of things going wrong, but crazy in terms of things going right: crucial steps taken in certain directions; growth in readership; growth in our catalogue; growth in staff; growth, period.
The best way, we find, to illustrate this growth—and to reflect here and now, with you—is through our very own end-of-the-year list of accomplishments:
- March 2018: Published Issue One of Orson’s Review — MORE INFO HERE
- April 2018: Published Thrift Store Coats by Brooks Rexroat — MORE INFO HERE
- October 2018: Published Man, Oh Man by Mike Corrao — MORE INFO HERE
- November 2018: Opened the Orson's Publishing online bookstore — MORE INFO HERE
- Completed two Little Free Library giveaways here in our neighborhood of West Seattle — MORE INFO HERE
- Reached $75 in commissions for merchandise sold; once we reach $100, we’ll donate 100% of the proceeds to two of our favorite causes here in Seattle — MORE INFO HERE
- Nearly 300 copies of Orson's Publishing titles were sold
- The Orson's Publishing staff doubled in size, from two editors to four
- Website traffic increased by over 300% from 2017, which amounts to visits from over 6,000 users, 89% of which had never visited the site before
We're excited by what we were able to accomplish in 2018. We're proud of it, too. And, we're grateful -- to you. Grease to our gears, wind to our sails, whatever metaphor you prefer, we'd be nowhere without you.
Thank you for your continued support. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. We hope you're as excited as us for what what we know 2019 has in store:
- March 2019: Issue Two of Orson's Review will be published — details coming soon
- April 2019: The first ever Orson's Review contest will be launched — details coming soon
- November 2019: A new project by Mike Corrao will be published — details coming soon
- Orson's will also be looking to expand its store, in terms of local outreach as well as products offered — details coming soon